I find extraordinary fulfillment in this work. I offer a collaborative therapy to individuals and couples who are open to listening to their own signals from within. My experience and training convinces me that when we open ourselves to this process, we can become happier people, with a deeper commitment to meet life’s challenges and favorable moments with courage and curiosity.
For those interested in credentials:
- Training in Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
- Private practice - internship with Donna L. Heider, MFT, ATR, 2012-2014
- National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioral Medicine - Mindfulness in Psychotherapy, 2014
- Airport Marina Counseling Service – internship in psychotherapy, 2010-2013
- Airport Marina Counseling Service - training in Imago Relationship Therapy, 2013
- Westchester High School – internship in adolescent psychotherapy, 2013
- Antioch University – Los Angeles – MA, Clinical Psychology. Specialization in Spiritual and Depth Psychology, 2009 - 2011
- Arica Institute – meditation training - founded by Oscar Ichazo, 1970 - present
- Gestalt Institute of Canada – training in Gestalt Therapy with Fritz Perls, 1969
- University of Denver – BA, English (Honors), 1967
In addition to my work in psychotherapy, I have written/produced/ directed documentaries for television. Yet the film work I love the most is for a different audience: prison inmates, parolees and their families, and people recovering from alcohol and drug addiction. These films are used by public and private treatment centers, and by virtually every state and federal prison in the U.S.
I also continue to teach film production at Loyola Marymount University, and I am the author of Film and Video Budgets (5th ed.) a guide to the budgeting process.